Group Discussions

Greetings!

Subscribe
  • Hi everyone! I read about WIM in the Boston Globe Magazine. My name is Paula, I'm 42 & married 18 yrs with 1 DS, 7. I work a standard FT schedule as a programmer at a software company. I exercise during my lunchbreaks and am a tae kwon do student 3x/wk. (I got into the latter b/c DS did it first.) Hard work, but it's rewarding too. And I said in my profile, my most likely method of de-stressing is...well...watching TV. It's just too dang effective.

- Paula.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by tkd_mama on 17th October 2007
  • Hey Paula,

So nice to meet you! I hear you on the watching TV to destress. It's definitely one of my favorite pass times. Hope to see more of you around the site!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by mamajama on 18th October 2007
  • Hi, Paula!

So glad you found us - and we have the same destressing method. (In fact, I just took an hour off from working to watch en episode of House on DVR, my new favorite destresser.)

I am a fellow lunch-time exerciser - except for 2 mornings a week when I go to spin very early. Before I started Work It, Mom! I worked in an office full-time but would still sneak out for a lunch-time workout every day!

Thanks for joining WIM- look forward to seeing you around!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Nataly on 18th October 2007
  • Hi mamajama and Nataly....

Thanks for the welcome. Nataly: was it you who was interviewed for that article I read in the BGM? And I notice from your profile that you have interest in Spanish culture: your fave book is by G.G. Márquez, your fave film is by Almodóvar (I really liked that film too!), your interest in travelling to Latin America....

And mamajama: you are a Sp/En translator. Very cool.

Why does this all catch my eye? B/c I'm Latin-American. My folks grew up in South America. Except for DM & DB (DF is deceased), they're all still down there. Alas, since I speak English with my family, my Spanish gets increasingly rusty. ¡Necesito practicar!

Ciao,

- Paula.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by tkd_mama on 18th October 2007

Add a Reply