Group Discussions

I Want A Cubicle!!!!

Subscribe
  • It is a PD Day today, so my 8 yo is home from school.

I am going through some Big Stuff--see member notes or personal blog, but trust me, tis big. This big stuff means that I'm emotionally focussed on ME right now, not whatever random demands the kids are making. And I don't WANT to play playdoh, colour, read a book, whatever. I want to navel gaze.

The battle with iVillage continues, and my response it to produce an excellent product elsewhere--my personal blog plus a few outside articles.

My house is a mess. Seriously, it would make FEMA cry. It needs to be cleaned because there is a babysitter coming tonight so that I can deal with some of the Rilly Big Stuff. The 8 yo is NOT only not contibuting to this process, she is actively inhibiting it.

I feel like I have NO headspace today, on a day where I need all the room for me. It's driving me mad!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Kimberly on 19th October 2007
  • Oh, Girl, sorry your stuck under the desk. That sitter will be here before you know it and you know what, I learned the hard way that you can't always have it clean for the sitter b/c that's one of the reasons you need that person there. But, if you do clean, try to enjoy the effects! Deep breaths over there...
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Mandy Nelson - Dandysound on 19th October 2007
  • does your 8 yr old have other friends who are home from school? maybe she can go visit ;)
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Kate on 19th October 2007
  • yeah, she has friends. Unfortunately, she's so far over the line that I'm stuck with her. Rewarding her behaviour with a playdate just isn't an option. But dammiot, why does that mean I get punished because she's being a brat?

I'm not making it "eat off of clean" or anything. But we'd sort of lapped the line of "embarrassing"

I actually toyed with the idea of cancelling the sitter and just staying home because it would just be easier in some ways, but again, that punishes me. So instead, I'm going out. And while there will be chips and pop for the sitter, NO treats for the 8 yo and her regular bedtime to boot.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Kimberly on 19th October 2007

Add a Reply