Group Discussions

big company stress

Subscribe
  • so why why why if you work for a big company do people seem to lose sight of the fact that YOU WORK FOR THE SAME COMPANY!? There are hidden agendas, egos, and 'partners' that all require 'consideration' when making a decision. shouldnt it just be the best thing for the company, period?

so frustraiting.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Kate on 19th October 2007
  • Oh yes, the turf wars. Ever notice how there's lot of talk about how "we're all on the same team," but when it comes to actually playing the game, so to speak, people are just out for themselves and/or their own area? It's definitely one of the more aggravating aspects of the corp life. It bugs me about my job too. So many people neither know nor care what happens in the rest of the agency, so there's not much big-picture thinking.

Y'know, there are a lot of entrepreneurs/freelancers/small-business folks around here - we should start a group of the "Still Slaving For Someone Else" working moms.

Anyway, at least it's Friday.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Florinda Pendley Vasquez on 19th October 2007
  • yes, yes we should! because it's hard to concentrate when i see what i *want* to be doing (I have an idea, but working on the how-to-make-money part!) but am stuck in my cubicle ... dealing with bureaucracy.

I am glad to know I am not alone!

Oh and I have topics:

How do you get noticed for higher level positions?

What do you say when someone says ‘you are too nice for this role, you have to be tough to deal with these issues’!!!!

And many many many more LOL
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Kate on 19th October 2007

Add a Reply