Group Discussions

Lunch??

Subscribe
  • I'm looking for quick yet healthy lunch ideas for me and the kids (ages 4.5 and 1.5). Thankfully, they aren't at all picky, but I'm running out of new ideas. I stay home, so we're not packing to go anywhere.
  • My daughter (age 4) likes tuna melts (slice of bread, canned tuna, grated cheddar... into the toaster oven or under broiler), peanut butter and banana pinwheels (tortilla shell spread with peanut butter and some banana slices, roll up and slice into pieces), and cheddar quesadillas (two tortillas with grated cheddar between, cook in fry pan with a bit of oil to lightly brown on both sides and melt cheese).

These would be just fine for a 1.5 year old too.... provided there's no allergies!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Tara M on Saturday
  • One thing that will make a fun and interesting lunch....once a week be sure to have a picnic! My son is going to be 3 in January and he gets SO EXCITED about picnics. Even if it is in your living room. But when the weather is nice, outdoors is always the best. I have even packed a lunch if we go to the gym and sit in the foyer at the tables and eat...he loves that!

One thing to remember about lunch, it does not have to be a "traditional" lunch! Think of the food groups and go from there. Cheese sticks, carrot sticks, roled up sandwich meath and cheese (my son loves this!), anything that is "mini", the fruit cups, mini bagels, make your own mini pizzas on english muffins (another of all my kids favorites), cheese quesadillas (my son lives on these), smoothies, mini wraps (just make a big one and cut it in smaller pieces (they look like pin wheels)

Hope this helps!

Shelleen McHale

The Original Chef Mama
  • Thanks! By the way Shelleen, my girls and I are in love with the crockpot apple sauce recipe from your email newsletter!

-Kristie

Add a Reply