Group Discussions

How do you feel about coupon clipping?

Subscribe
  • do you think its a waste or a time investment that can really help save money? i keep SAYING i am going to print them from that coupon.com or whatever but then i dont... or i might ONCE and then forget to take them with me... when i do clip them from the paper, manage to remember to bring them, AND they actually have the right brand/size - i think the most i have saved is $3

am i doing something wrong or is this typical? you see those tv interviews occasionally where someone pays like $5 for $100 worth of groceries. i so want that LOL
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Kate on 7th November 2007
  • I just started going back and forth on this topic. I was always great about coupons (best was $67 saved). But after kid # 2 I'm lucky if I get around to bringing diaper coupons with me. It's too much time and energy at this point in my life to deal with. I now happily recycle the ones that come in the paper and pretend I'm doing myself a big favor! No pressure in that.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Mandy Nelson - Dandysound on 7th November 2007
  • I try to clip coupons...but inevitably when I do..i get to the store and find I have to buy five or six of an item to get a $1 savings. Not worth it.

Someone told me you had to time using the coupons with the store sales to get the best benefit. Okay who has time to do that?
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by on 8th November 2007

Add a Reply