Group Discussions

Greetings, fellow worker bees!

Subscribe
  • Thanks to Kate for starting up this group for those of us who are (still? maybe always will be?) "working it" for someone else! I think this is going to be a nice addition to my day at the office.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Florinda Pendley Vasquez on 15th November 2007
  • Thanks for the invite, Kate! Hi, Everyone!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Lylah M. Alphonse on 15th November 2007
  • yay! i am gald you guys joined! even if i messed up the creation process becasue i was intrrupted at my desk LOL
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Kate on 15th November 2007
  • Hi everybody! My office is in the closet in my bedroom so I don't have to trudge far but some days..........
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Kim Begnaud on 15th November 2007
  • Hi everyone! Thanks for the invite. I look forward to getting to know everyone better.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Non Toxic Mom on 15th November 2007
  • Hi everybody! Do you all work on Thanksgiving? Or do you manage to take extra time off during the holidays?? I am off but since I work at home the hospitals still do operate and they have called in the past for something.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Kim Begnaud on 16th November 2007
  • My office closes on Thanksgiving Day but is open the day after - however, I made sure to put in a vacation request for that Friday back in August, so I'm getting a long weekend.

I've worked at a couple of places, including this one, that do have reason for some of their functions to run 24/7/365, and even though I don't work in one of those areas - thank goodness! - I do have to ensure that my department is staffed to support them if needed.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Florinda Pendley Vasquez on 16th November 2007
  • I used to ask off in Jusly for the holidays and make sure that between vacation and holidays I would get 2 weeks out of it. Man it made people sooooo mad. lololol
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Kim Begnaud on 17th November 2007

Add a Reply