Group Discussions

Anyone else got the sickies in their house?

Subscribe
  • ok...i am new here...but we just got through the worst week of the flu ever. I live in small town iowa. Does anyone else have the worst sickies ever. Our school district even made our local news. Almost 100 kids called in last week...and we are very small so it was a very big deal.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by cathicollins on 15th November 2007
  • Just got over croup over here - well, my daughter did - but it truly felt like we all were part of it. So I really hear you with the flu - are you all sick or just the kids?
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Nataly on 15th November 2007
  • The sickies are starting to invade here too. It's going to be a long winter....sigh.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by kellyandie on 15th November 2007
  • my son is home, low temp, but still not 100%. a very slow day.....
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by adenacb on 15th November 2007
  • Had daughter home today with tummy bug......but seems to be better at the moment (crossed fingers)
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by on 16th November 2007
  • My 13 yr old boy has been home for several days - asthmatic bronchitis - and added his 14 yr old brother to the sicko list today with a sore throat.
  • My youngest two are taking turns coughing like pack-a-day smokers and waking up at all odd hours. Last night, the baby, who is 1, barely slept. He seems no worse for wear today, but I am drrrraaagggggiinnngggg...

The weather is changing in New England, and we always catch something this time of year. " 'Tis the season" should refer to cold & flu, not holidays!
  • son home sick with stomach stuff going on....yuck!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Kim Begnaud on 26th November 2007
  • My youngest two caught something last week, just before Thanksgiving, and they generously shared it with me, so I was battling some stomach bug all weekend. Yum. Thank goodness there were plenty of leftovers... I don't think I could have handled cooking!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Lylah M. Alphonse on 26th November 2007

Add a Reply