Group Discussions

organized chaos

Subscribe
  • so i just read through the 'purpose and agenda' post - so apparently we envy the organized! what is at least ONE THING you actually organize and keep organized?
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Kate on 16th November 2007
  • My coupons - but the system doesn't make sense to anyone except me.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Florinda Pendley Vasquez on 16th November 2007
  • my closet and the cabinets..not much else! I keep a calendar for the family activities, sports, appts etc.--not that it means I use it.

We are definitely on the chaos side of the spectrum.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by OliveMartini on 17th November 2007
  • My to do list and our grocery list. I am anal about both. Although my to do list has been taking a beating lately... Also, I fight clutter like there is no tomorrow. I am brutal - sometimes this backfires, when I throw out something I actually need later
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Nataly on 17th November 2007
  • Oh, Nataly, I'm glad that I'm not the only one who's tossed something during a fit of overly aggressive clutter-policing that she ends up looking for two days later!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Florinda Pendley Vasquez on 17th November 2007
  • This should make you feel better, Florinda - here's a short list of things I've tossed:

A replacement credit card for one I lost - tossed the envelope without opening, thought it was just junk mail.

Receipt for a $300 piece of furniture that ended up not fitting into our apt.

A part from a blender. No, not an accessory, a part necessary to make it work - thus requiring a new blender.

I try to be more careful, but as you say, during times of aggressive clutter-policing, it's dangerous
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Nataly on 18th November 2007
  • Cabinet and drawers are a must for me. My closet is always neat and organized b/c my hubby is anal about it. He tends to put away my clothes and will refold and hang anything I've tossed on a shelf. I have no problem with that! When I use them, the coupons are orderly and my grocery list is always in order by aisle and all.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Mandy Nelson - Dandysound on 18th November 2007
  • I have a tendency to clutter. My husband goes on what I call "cleaning tantrums" and throws out tons of stuff that I need later...

Hmm... I think there's a blog post or an article in this!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Lylah M. Alphonse on 19th November 2007

Add a Reply