Group Discussions

Why do you blog?

Subscribe
  • I started my blog because I wanted to try my hand at writing. I've always loved writing and do alot of business writing and editing at work, but I wanted to see if I could write something that people would actually want to read. I'd love to eventually pursue writing professionally at some point in my career and my blog gives me a sense of what that might be like and it's helping me build a portfolio of sorts.

My blog also gives me an outlet to pursue a cause I feel passionate about (something I also do in my professional life).
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Amy@UWM on 1st January 2008
  • I recently had to answer this question from my husband and it inspired a post on my blog http:/thecarneybuzz.com. It began as a way to vent and it evolved into a way to find myself again and what I wanted to do when I 'grew up'. Now that my newborn is 3 weeks old I have to get back into the saddle and get to posting again. Who needs sleep anyway?
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Kellyann Carney on 23rd February 2008
  • It was a number of reasons, actually... writing has always been an escape for me, plus it gives me a chance to connect with family and friends I don't get to talk to very often, especially since we moved away from my home town. But I also love that I have a place to organize not just my thoughts and stories about the kids, but favorite articles, product, and tips and tricks. Blogging has turned out to be a whole new world, and I'm looking forward to meeting new online friends. If you'd like a tickler, come check me out at www.danceofmotherhood.blogspot.com. And if you'd like to share your blog, let me know - I'd be glad to add it to my links.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Dette on 25th February 2008
  • i'm blogging to support my podcast, so it can tie in together. I'm doing my own podcast with my 3 girlfriends - we are all working moms with young children, so how we've found time to produce a podcast is a complete mystery :) !!
    it's on iTunes under "Because We Said So" or on our blog at http://www.thebecauseshow.com
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by jerilyn on Sunday
  • I used to have a website where I would share work from home jobs and eventually switched it to a blog because it was easier to update. I really enjoy helping other Moms.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Telecommuting Mom on 10th December 2010
  • I blog to share my mommy stories and things that inspire me. It has become an outlet from daily life and connect with other moms. Check out www.MyMomCareer.com!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by CEO MOM Katie on 20th December 2010
  • My main destresser, I guess.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Candice Kwark on 12th April 2011
  • I have 3 blogs currently

www.lisachampagne-miner.blogspot.com
    This is my family blog where I post pictures and write about whatever comes to mind at the time. I update it at least 3 times a week or more depending on the week.

www.fortheloveofkody.blogspot.com
    This blog was intended to keep people updated on our son and his battle with Friedreich's Ataxia. I post pictures of him and update not only from a medical standpoint but also from a personal standpoint.

www.bistitchualitybylisa.blogspot.com
    This is to promote my handmade items that I sell on etsy and on Facebook.

They all have their own reasons and I try to update often ... always ending the family blog with a ((HUGS)) to my readers whom I appreciate for taking the time to check in on our family.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Lisa Miner on 13th June 2011
  • I am pretty new to blogging and I am doing it as a way to increase my online visibility. I am a writer -- and I am new to writing books -- so having an online persona is important. It's just a way of working on my voice, if that makes any sense.

Also, it's turning out to be fun. I'm enjoying the mental exercise of coming up with something different 5 days a week.

I made mine on Wordpress which I think is supposed to be easy but, because I am not a tech genius, took quite a while to figure out. My learning curve was fairly extreme.

http://jenkleinbooks.com/
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Jen Klein on 15th July 2011

Add a Reply