Group Discussions

Need Opinions - New Site Launch

Subscribe
  • Hey guys-

I've been messing around with a new format and design for my website for a while, and would like some feedback. I'm still tweaking ad space, and the sidebars in general, but it's functional and live. I have decent traffic, now if I only had some commenters...

It's http://www.nicu101.com - what do you think?

Thanks in advance,

Kristie
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Kristie McNealy on 12th December 2007
  • I think it looks really clean and easy to navigate - congratulations!

And so fun to see the TV clip with you in it

To encourage comments -how about running a giveaway, where to enter people have to answer a question you post, for example? (Say like we're doing here:

http://www.workitmom.com/question-1329
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Nataly on 12th December 2007
  • i think it looks great! i like the colors and layout! my only one super nitpicky because i am thing would be to scoot the 'search' button up a little closer to the search box (or next to?) because it took me a minute to realize that was the search box and that the button belonged to it.

otherwise i love it!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Kate on 12th December 2007
  • Good ideas guys. Thanks for the input. I need to work on the search button. I agree it looks a little odd. Can't seem to get it to line up quite the way I want it...
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Kristie McNealy on 12th December 2007
  • beautiful colors and layout!

my only "nitpicky" is that on your contact page, the "send a copy to yourself?" text is right next to the message box . . . instead of the smaller box they would use to check.

otherwise, it is nicely done!

congrats on going live!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Naomi on 13th December 2007
  • I love the color scheme and layout. I am not a fan of Wordpress? How did you like working with it? My only suggestion is to make the RSS icon a little larger. The email subscription box overpowers it. Other than that, it looks GREAT!!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by on 13th December 2007
  • i like it...our twins were premies and it would have been nice to have this site 8 months ago...i am revamping my twins blog in the next month or so and will do some linky love with the site in my blogroll...I think it would be a great asset to multiple birth parents.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by cathicollins on 13th December 2007
  • I love this site. My son was a premmie and, gosh, there was no information ANYWHERE.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by on 14th December 2007
  • Thanks guys!

As for wordpress, it doesn't have all the functionality I'd like, but our host doesn't support joomla or droopal very well. Wordpress works well with the available version of php, and doesn't give us trouble, so I'm going with it for now.

What do you like to use??
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Kristie McNealy on 16th December 2007
  • Hi!

I just visited your site and as you know my son spent time in the NICU. I wish I had this 3 1/2 years ago as it was a very scary time for me and my family. As I was looking through your site it brought back vivid memories and I actually got a little teary....all good!

I think what you are doing is wonderful and very commendable. I will be happy to start the first Hirschsprung Disease local support group and connect with other moms. I will join tonight.

Your site on a design level looks great. I love the colors. It is very pleasing and warm.

Best of luck to you. Bath time got to go..
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by on 29th December 2007

Add a Reply