Group Discussions

Green reading

Subscribe
  • For Christmas I just got a book called "The Green Book". It is fabulous for those who want to start doing something, but have no idea where to start. It talks about small things that you can do throughout your day to make a difference. One that surprised me was that using your microwave more often is more energy efficient than using the oven. I never would have guessed. Anyway, I just started it and wanted to let you guys in on the light green reading...I think I'm going to keep it in my bathroom because it's just full of little factoids and can be read from any point. Do you guys have any recommendations for green reading?
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by mamajama on 26th December 2007
  • The book by Dr. Greene (funny, isn't it?) which is called something like "Raising Baby Green" (I'm not home for the holidays so I can't recall and can't reference the actual book) was my first venture after DD was born. It's really great and not super techy...just simple language and some good resources. I look forward to the answers to this question since I'm looking for my next green read.

On a similar note, I just picked up Good magazine and loooove it. It's a magazine all about doing good which includes environmental issues. I've found some cool websites and articles already. I'm about to check out their site http://goodmagazine.com

Oh and you had asked in response to my post about disposing of old non-green cleaners, I ran into the same dilema. To reach a happy medium, we gave our old products out to relatives or friends who would use them as long as they didn't have kids in the home...just a thought!

Take care!

*CARLA*
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Carla on 27th December 2007
  • Great idea about the non-green cleaners. I'm going to have to do that! I know some people that would be happy to take them off my hands
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by mamajama on 27th December 2007
  • This is awesome. Oprah just featured "The Green Book" on her show. Check it out.

http://www.oprah.com/tows/slide/200704/20070420/sl ide_20070420_350_107.jhtml
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by mamajama on 9th January 2008

Add a Reply