Group Discussions

January goals

Subscribe
  • Let's post our small January goals or changes we want to make here. Small is the key word there, don't forget
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Nataly on 27th December 2007
  • Okay, here's one small goal: I plan to take less photos. Why? I'm feeling increasingly overwhelmed by all the STUFF going on in my life and I really want to simplify. (I don't think I'm alone here...) I've realized that by taking tons of digital shots, I just create more work for myself! Loading them on the hard drive, emailing them, Shutterfly, captions, backups. And for my parents who aren't Web-savvy, I have to individually resize the shots and zip them. Argh! My new motto: Less is more in '08.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Diane on 27th December 2007
  • Diane, I love that thought.

I have lots of goals for the next slew of days. In January, I'm focusing on learning to eat at home. So my goal is to write out menus once a week so I actually plan on cooking instead of just always grabbing things on the fly. Nothing big, but begin to think in advance about what I want to do.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Kat on 27th December 2007
  • My goal for January sounds really small, but here goes - I want to incorporate more rough greens into our diet and learn how to cook things like chard, which I've never done. We eat a good amount of veggies, but I recently read about the great benefits of rough greens and going to try to work them in more.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Nataly on 27th December 2007
  • I have lots of loftly "take care of myself" goals for 2008 - but specific is better. In January, I will take my son swimming 4 times. (and get a spa treatment on a business trip!)
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Ellen on 27th December 2007
  • I have TOO many goals so the small reminder was excellent. I want to establish a work schedule and stick to it. Routine is key. I work at home so it is hard to "stop" working. I need to do this for myself and my kids.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by NSB Mom on 27th December 2007
  • For January, I want to return to the healthy routines I'd established through last fall, but which got totally disrupted over Christmas. This means: three times/week at the gym and minimal junk food. (I'm planning that the fringe benefit to this will be to lose the weight I've gained over the holiday by the end of January! But that's not a second goal, no, no: it's just a natural consequence. That I'm planning.)

Flag as inappropriate Posted by MaryP on 27th December 2007
  • My biggest goal is to lose the baby weight after I deliver in May. I fooled around after my first pregnancy and didn't lose as much - or as quickly - as I would have liked to. I'm turning 35 this summer and I know it's not going to get any easier.

So, I would like to lose while being kind to myself. I want to set a good example for my daughters.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by ladybugs12 on 27th December 2007
  • YAY!! Goals!! And small ones, not big huge daunting ones that we can never keep and then beat ourselves up for later! And a group to help support all of us!! Woo-hoo!! Can you tell I haven't spoken to anyone outside my family in a while?

My goal for January is to get us back on organics and to try new recipes. The refrigerator gets cleaned out Friday, I'm looking up two weeks worth of recipes on the Sprout website after (at) work and Saturday we're bringing in the good stuff!!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Candance on 27th December 2007
  • My "small" goal for January is to finalize my son's baby book (he is no longer a baby at 2)! I have everything I need just need get it DONE. This post kind of kicked my butt to do it. Thanks!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Anna B on 27th December 2007

Add a Reply