Group Discussions

What's In Your Bag? Contest!

Subscribe
  • CareerBags.com is sponsoring a great contest in this group, here are the details:

Starts: January 4, 2008

Ends: January 20th, 2008 5PM EST

Prize: 1 winner will get the Veronica London Business Tote

To enter, join the CareerBags Group here at Work It, Mom!. Take a photo of the contents of your bag -- diaper bag, work bag, purse, backpack, whatever you use daily -- and upload it in the Group Photos area on the group page.

You can upload more than one photo if you carry more than one bag.

Winners will be determined by random drawing; each photo included in the pool enters you once in the drawing.

The winner will be announced here on Workitmom.com and will be notified by email on January 21, 2008.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Nataly on 4th January 2008
  • Wow this couldn't come at a better time for me...Just last week I took a picture of what was in my purse for a scrapbook layout...

[imgs][/imgs]
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Neenrneenar on 4th January 2008
  • I am just about to go back into the workplace, so this would be great for me. Thanks
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by bellesmom on 6th January 2008
  • Bellesmom - great, upload your photo into the photo area in this group to enter!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Nataly on 6th January 2008
  • My work bag is my "schoolbag." It's really a basic messenger bag purchased on sale (of course), and I carry a lot of important items back and forth with me. Basic inventory this weekend: binder of transparencies for work on lesson plans, folder of transparencies to be copied, pens and pencils, jump drive, star stickers, tri-fold instructinos for calling substitute teachers, social studies papers awaiting correcting, calendar, folder containing phone tree and assorted research articles, inhaler, wrist splint (darn databases), and the bag itself.

As soon as I figure it out, I'll upload the photo.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Daisy on 7th January 2008
  • Ok - here is my purse. You can clearly see my wallet that totally has a hole in the change compartment. My super-old blackberry, a pack of gum, my checkbook, some weird toy that squeaks when squeezed so I confiscated it from son. and kleenixes, benedryl (in case my daugther has a reaction to peanuts, bandaids and other crap. I could really use a new bag!

Thanks!

hecticmom
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by hecticmom on 7th January 2008
  • Ok, one more. Here is my laptop bag. I was so excited when I found this bag on a recent business trip to Italy (yes, it seems like I'm lucky because I get to travel to Milan for business - but in reality, not so much. Having an Italian boss makes things extremely interesting and maybe NOT so wonderful.) While, the bag looks super awesome - it's extremely heavy and I don't like it at all. I could use a good bag that isn't super heavy and that is feminine (because it's so hard to find a nice bag for WOMEN!). Please please pick me!!!

Thanks!

Hecticmom!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by hecticmom on 7th January 2008
  • I've uploaded mine!

I had to take a picture of all 3 of my daily use bags!

Geeze, I think I need to consolodate?
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by The Tattooed Mommie on 8th January 2008
  • 3? Wow, you win. I used to have 2

What are the different purposes for the 3?
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Nataly on 8th January 2008
  • I'm so glad you asked Nataly!

I have my purse:

This houses my things that I take everywhere. Wallet, checkbook (who uses those anymore!!), small brush (can't have crazy hair!), tampons (do I even need a reason?), sunglasses, lip gloss, chapstick, compact and my MP3 player.

Then there is my laptop bag:

My life, as I call it. Of course, it houses my laptop, but it has my other professional needs when I suddenly come up with the answer to a coding problem that I've worked on for a week. I use my laptop as my primary workspace at work and at home, so I carry it with me everywhere. So, in there of course falls the network cables, the disk pouch with all my software, my micro-mouse, my professional cards, my notes for the current project I'm working on and all of my backups of the project.

Then my gym bag:

My walking shoes, a small towel, lotion, deoderant, moisturizing spray (for my face), my sports watch, toothbrush/toothpaste and sometimes my flat iron. Why do I carry this around? Because with my job I'm not sure when or if I'll get the time to work out, so I carry it with me in case I can squeeze a 10 minute walk in or even a 30 minute workout during lunch.

WHEW... you asked!!! LOL
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by The Tattooed Mommie on 8th January 2008

Add a Reply