Group Discussions

What type of make-up do you use?

Subscribe
  • Over the years I would always just wear lipstick or lip gloss and a little eye linner. Now, I think I want to venture out a little more and try some all natural foundation and eye shadows and spice things up.

Do you wear make up? If so, what kind do you use?
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by The Shu Lady on 11th January 2008
  • I wear lipstick, a very small amount of concealer (as needed) with translucent powder, lipstick / lipgloss, and mascara.

My favorite companies are Nicole Miller through Melaleuca (all natural and hypoallergenic) and Clinique. I also use Avon from time to time.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Uhura on 11th January 2008
  • Most of my make-up is either from Mary Kay or the Jane Iredale collection. I'm a big fan of mineral powder.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by KathyHowe on 11th January 2008
  • Mac concealer, that cheap but great pink tube mascara, light Mac blush, and this awesome shimmery Mac lipstick if I am really trying to make myself feel more put together. Sometimes I also wear the Neutrogena tinted moisturizer.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Nataly on 11th January 2008
  • I rarely wear makeup to the office anymore, which is something I'm trying to change.

When I do wear makeup I usually just buy off the shelf L'Oreal makeup - liquid liner, mascara and then usually just chapstick.

I'm so, not glam but I'm trying to change that!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by The Tattooed Mommie on 11th January 2008
  • I've been using Mary Kay since 2003 and really like it.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Jacque on 11th January 2008
  • ooh i am a HUGE fan of the new Lorel mineral 'foundation' powder stuff!! it covers my slight redness (and any blemishes, isnt that stage over YET?) AND actually stays put all day!!

so usually i do the mineral powder (very fun) then just for extra fun the compact powder, mascara, and lipstick.

for mascara i keep trying to find one i like better than the cheapy mabeline 'Full n' Soft' Waterproof. but seriously it's the only one that actually gives me eyelashes that dont clump together and still MOVE while being waterproof! important since my contacts do not like bits of chipped mascara on them. oh no, that is certainly NOT fun!! and this is the only one i have found that makes my eyes happy... any other suggestions?
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Kate on 11th January 2008
  • If you already have a mascara that works for you and it doesn't cost much-why change it?
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Uhura on 11th January 2008
  • lol good question! mostly becuase i am a creature of 'there is always something better out there! keep looking!' which, to be honest, drives my husband NUTS!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Kate on 11th January 2008
  • I love the big fat concealer pencil from the Body Shop. I rarely wear makeup, but this stuff is awesome. I also am a big fan of the nicole miller line from melaleuca. It's a bit pricey, but it is really nice and all natural...I love the lip gloss and blush...but I think I bought the wrong color eyeshadow. I also have tinted moisturizer from arbonne...the jury is still out on that though.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by mamajama on 11th January 2008

Add a Reply