Group Discussions

new phone = 0 productivity

Subscribe
  • so i just got a new 'smartphone' and OMG it is so cool!! ok i had one before but this one is even cooler!! and i have done umm very little work today because, you know, i need to setup my phone! priorities people!

what do you find is your biggest distraction/indulgence at the office? (ok procrastination?)
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Kate on 11th January 2008
  • the internet. seriously. i check the blogs. check my email. check the blogs. check a message board. check my email. check the blogs. check another message board. check my email....you get the picture!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Jenni on 11th January 2008
  • Yes, internet kills my productivity, too. As does instant messaging! And I'm looking at you, Kate.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Mandy Nelson - Dandysound on 11th January 2008
  • rofl yes, i can't only blame the phone!!!

IM, WIM, Google Reader - we can count these as productivity! just maybe not what we are being paid for... i see a working weekend in my future!

MANDY! haha you are so silly - i see you!!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Kate on 11th January 2008
  • what is google reader?
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Mandy Nelson - Dandysound on 11th January 2008
  • Mandy - Google Reader is one way to keep up with blogs and news - any site that sends out a feed - without having to visit a bunch of different websites every day. (Bloglines does the same thing.) You find yourself subscribing to every new blog you come across, and before long you've got over 100 subscriptions and literally hundreds of updates a day. Or maybe that's just me. It's definitely my #1 distraction.

Kate - I'm so glad you're here, being distracted on Friday afternoon too (although you've probably gone home by the time I post this, since you're back east)!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Florinda Pendley Vasquez on 11th January 2008
  • The internet, my own website, blogs and WIM for sure! I love it all. My house looks like I had 5 playgroups here today. It''s Friday night and this is my big night out.

Definitely going to try google reader.

Can't believe it is already 10:00. SLEEPY noW. I am such a bad date.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by on 12th January 2008
  • Internet for sure. I think having internet so easily accessible is good and bad I do all my research on internet but then I get distracted and sidetracked…
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Victoria on 13th January 2008
  • This is going to sound silly -- but I am like that when I get a new planner or agenda. I am such a paper junkie -- when I get a new planner, I can spend hours organizing it. Yes, hours. You can laugh now.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Nataly on 4th February 2008

Add a Reply