Group Discussions

Reusable or not?

Subscribe
  • I personally am a little weird about old shoes. I only donate old shoes that i had bought and never wore much for whatever reason. I don't mind hand me down clothes but i do not like hand me down shoes. OMG this purge i found those 17!!! year old pull-on leather boots in the bottom of the closet

http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/7815/v11nb8.jpg

Those boots were sooo uncomfortable i am not able to put it into words and they haven't seen the light of day over 5 years.

I´m all for donating and recycling, but i think just because people are in need doesn't mean they should have to settle for some one else's unhygienic/uncomfortable shoes. So my question is:

Are those 17yrs old leather boots:

- reusable items (donation bag)

- or unhygienic, gross items (regular/burnable trash)?

Need advice!! Please only serious answer!!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by chrissy on 17th January 2008
  • DONATE! Send them to *insert MY address here*. I'm with you on the shoe thing but those look like they are in great shape and someone could use them. These are great looking boots.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Mandy Nelson - Dandysound on 17th January 2008
  • I say DONATE too. They are very nice and not at all worn looking. I donate shoes, coats, handbags, clothes and baby furnitture. I wash all the clothes and clorox all the baby gear and inspect shoes. My kids shoes are usually to ones being donated. Like the "worn once on so & so holiday". If shoes are worn through and beat up - no I would never give them to anyone.

Your boots look great and I am sure you will make someone very happy. A charity like dress for success would love them.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by on 17th January 2008
  • I'm in agreement. As a kid my mom instilled in me that you don't wear someone else's shoes, but those aren't very worn at all. Someone will really be glad that they found them!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by mamajama on 17th January 2008
  • ooooooo I love them

donate
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by MaryM on 18th January 2008
  • Oh, yes, donate! The people who try them will get the chance to decide whether they find them comfortable, after all. No one will be forced to something they don't like.

(And this from someone who never lets her kids wear used footwear. Adults, however, are not growing, and can decide for themselves.)
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by MaryP on 18th January 2008

Add a Reply