Group Discussions

New Bravado! styles!

Subscribe
  • Hey nursing moms: I see Bravado! has a couple of new styles. There's the Body Silk Seamless Nursing Bra. It has a layer in front to prevent that exposing-yourself-to-the-world feeling. And there's the Exquisite Nursing Bra with a silky, lacy, satiny glamor thing going on.

http://www.bravadodesigns.com/category.asp?ID=1

I was a big fan of my Bravado! bras for the first few months. They are so comfy. But I grew tired of the uniboob effect. I also wished for a bra that was comfy, yet with more support. I tried their extra support bra, by the way, but it was TOO supportive - I looked like one of those German opera singers... Still, I highly recommend the brand!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Diane on 17th January 2008
  • Those do look like extra spiffy bras. I have to tell you though that I did all my nursing bra shopping at walmart. You wouldn't expect to find good ones there, but mine have been great and they cost 10 and 16 dollars depending on what you buy. They are not "pretty" bras, but they have been functional.

I have to say that I'm really looking forward to my breasts shrinking back to the size they were...does that actually happen?
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by mamajama on 17th January 2008
  • Hmm. Good question, and one I have been asking myself. I think it varies, although maybe if they don't shrink back it's just because of weight gain that's settled into the boob region??

I have not seen the Walmart ones. I have seen the Target ones and they look okay but I was afraid they wouldn't stand up to lots of washing. I have tried the new La Leche ones and they're okay too.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Diane on 18th January 2008
  • Haha, boobs. Darn things. After 2 kids they are almost back to size and, when I work out more, they get to a comfortable size again which is lovely. I hear you with the uni boob thing. I spent most of my time in Old Navy tanks with the shelf bra and a button down shirt. Many of the tanks I had through two kids and they help up great. That was the perfect layering to be able to nurse and not show too much. And those tanks came in handy when the kids started sleeping longer at night. I would put a burp cloth in the bra and it would catch the extra drip. Lovely, huh? My bravado bra was less supportive than the tanks so I didn't use it often. It's since been donated.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Mandy Nelson - Dandysound on 18th January 2008
  • I checked out the website ... they look great. I may break down and buy one or two. I do agree with mamajama ... my walmart nursing bras have cheap and have held up well.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by KC on 18th January 2008
  • If there's a next time (!) I will be looking for more support than the sport-style Bravado! But comfort is jolly important, especially in the beginning. (I swear my boobs were bigger than my poor child for the first couple weeks...)
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Diane on 22nd January 2008
  • We must just have horrible Walmart's in San Antonio, because the Maternity/Nursing section is almost non-existent and I've never found any good nursing bras there. I ordered one off there website that was ok. I've been looking for a nursing bra in a 34 DD which is like impossible to find. Any suggestions of where to look? I haven't gone to the website first suggested on here yet, but I was at a maternity store this weekend and I was sure they'd have my size, but no. Most DD start at 36. Boo.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Emily D. on 31st March 2008
  • Um, I really strongly suggest you find another breastfeeding support store where you can try some bras on in person and have a nice lady fit you properly. I really sympathize - we have about the same bust size - whoo hoo!! I agree, it's tough. They never seem to cater to this size. They are either too flimsy or too body-armor-like. Anyway, any good maternity/nursing store should be willing to order some stuff in for you to try - with no obligation to buy. That's what my store here in FL suggested when I was first looking. Good luck and take good care of your girls.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Diane on 1st April 2008
  • Emily D, I'm a 34DDD here and I can absolutely relate! Definitely look for a maternity store vs a maternity department in a larger store. Motherhood Maternity might have some selection, although not much as I recall. You could also see if there's a bra specialty shop in your town. They're a dying breed but are absolutely wonderful for the hard to fit. The challenge is that buyers and manufacturers don't expect such a large cup size on such a small frame. And then it always cracks me up when I see a bra in my size with 2 weensy little hooks in the back. So you really have to look. But be sure to be fitted and buy very supportive bras and remember that most of the support needs to be in the band and not the straps. I blame the grooves in my shoulders on poorly fitting bras. Do those grooves ever go away?
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Jenns on 2nd April 2008

Add a Reply