Group Discussions

Did you use your Boppy pillow?

Subscribe
  • I never got one. Yes, I'm the only nursing mother in America w/o a Boppy. What was I thinking? Guess I wanted to go against the flow. Anyhoo, did I miss anything? Do you use yours or is it stuffed in the closet in the spare room? (Along with all the padded clothes hangers and foofy baby dresses and other stuff you didn't use.)
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Diane on 22nd January 2008
  • There may be two of us nursing moms in America w/o a Boppy. I'm curious, as well, about whether I missed anything? Seems like all my mommy friends have one...
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by KC on 22nd January 2008
  • I never used mine.

I would have, but my son being a preemie, he never latched on, so the whole breast feeding thing never happened. Well, he got breastmilk, but from his bottle.... another story.

So long story short, no I didn't use mine, although I think I would have had I actually breast fed.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by The Tattooed Mommie on 22nd January 2008
  • I used the Breast Friend ALL THE TIME. Mostly because dd wanted to eat ALL THE TIME, but I found it to be a life saver. It's firmer than the Boppy and you can secure it around your waist with a band -- so I'd literally just leave it on between feedings because well, it was only 10 minutes
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Nataly on 22nd January 2008
  • I had one boppy for upstairs and one for downstairs b/c I used them all the time with both kids. Pillows just weren't the same and it really kept me from slouching.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Mandy Nelson - Dandysound on 22nd January 2008
  • I have one, and I hardly ever use it. I have been using it a little more often lately, because I can breastfeed hands free and can do other things at the same time like crochet or knit. Also, I set it on the floor around my baby (she just learned to sit up, and needs a little cushioning around her sometimes).
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by mamajama on 23rd January 2008
  • I use mine all the time! I don't know what I would w/o it. My LO was 6 lbs 8 oz at birth, he is now over 11 lbs...my arms get tired just thinking of holding him the whole time!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Melissa on 25th January 2008
  • I used mine all the time, with both my kids. ESSENTIAL for me for the first few months of all day long nursing.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by jesikaj on 29th January 2008
  • I did not have a Bobby but I did have a My Breast Friend pillow and LOVED it. I had a lot of trouble nursing in the begining and this was a HUGE help to me and worth every penny in my opinion. I only used it for the first 4 to 6 weeks, but still worth every penny!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Emily D. on 20th March 2008
  • I used my Boppy for both kids and during both pregnancies for all sorts of things in addition to nursing. It was a great support for the baby belly while i was sleeping, like others I propped the little guy on it (there was no bumbo seat then)... so many things. As a matter of fact, this is making me miss the boppy...
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Traci on 21st March 2008

Add a Reply