Group Discussions

Maternity clothes

Subscribe
  • Did you spend a lot of money on your maternity clothes?

I was a total cheapskate -- got away with just 2 pairs of pants and a few tops.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Nataly on 22nd January 2008
  • Total cheapskate--couple of mix and match things, jeans and a couple of pairs of dressier pants--handme downs and then some Target clothes...there was no Target in Maine at the time..so I had to take a business trip to hit one.

On the plus side, by the time I delivered I wanted to BURN those clothes and was never,ever tempted to wear them again : )
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by OliveMartini on 22nd January 2008
  • CHEAPSKATE!! I actually had to go to a wedding when I was 2 weeks away from my due date and I was PISSED that I couldn't just wear my jeans and tee-shirt. I didn't want to spend money on a dress that I knew I would wear once, and then actually finding a dress was a freakin' NIGHTMARE!!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by heels on 22nd January 2008
  • I'd like to say cheapskate since I'm generally that way with my clothes but I had tons. And by the time I went through the second pregnancy I had even more. Granted, lots were hand-me-downs that were mainly designer labels so ooh la la for me! Some of it still had tags and I didn't even get to wear them! Glad to say I just passed them along to my SIL, though.

I had to have workout clothes (I did the gym thing through the 1st and lots and lots of yoga through both) plus painting and remodeling clothes b/c that's what I was doing to the house w/ #1 then everyday stuff and both were through diff. seasons.

I had to do a wedding, too, and found a gorgeous dress at Babystyle (LOVE babystyle but sooo pricey) and it was one sale. Only problem was that it was white. Bought it anyway and died it in tea in the bathtub. PERFECT.

Oh, and my boiled wool, long, pink winter coat...I can't give it up so I still wear it. You can't even tell it's maternity!

So, I was a clothing whore when I was pregnant. I admit it fully. Back to just a couple pairs of pants and a few tops now!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Mandy Nelson - Dandysound on 22nd January 2008
  • I was a spender for the first because I was working and attending meetings.

Pea in the Pod for a few special things and Motherhood for basics.

2nd pregnancy

OLD NAVY was awesome.

Target - a few cute dresses

Still I had way too much but ejoyed wearing it all. Escpecially summer clothes.

I passed a lot on to a friend and told her to donate when done....because I am D-O-N-E!

Flag as inappropriate Posted by on 23rd January 2008
  • I had a ton of clothes! But mostly they were hand-me-downs. I bought some camisoles (that I still wear) and a dress but that was about it.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Kat on 25th January 2008
  • Article is very interesting,thanks for your sharing.
    And We supply high quality Cheap wedding dresses,Ball Gown Wedding Dresses and other style wedding gowns.
    We have been dress business for 20 years and you can trust us completely.
    You can find your dream Beach Wedding Dresses here.
    We do retail and wholesale wedding dresses business.

Our wedding dress shops have Evening Dresses,Prom Dresses,mother of the bride dresses,A-Line Wedding Dresses,Empire Wedding Dresses,Mermaid Wedding Dresses and so on.

Get your Plus Size Wedding Dresses from wedding dresses right now!

http://www.weddingdressesfactory.co.uk/
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by iriske on 30th March 2011
  • I tried not to, but sometimes you have to treat yourself!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Candice Kwark on 12th April 2011

Add a Reply