Group Discussions

Do Google Ads work?

Subscribe
  • I've been tempted to try the Google text ads for my business. I'm just not sure what I'm getting into with payments per click. Has anyone ever used them for their business and was it a positive experience?

Kelly
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by DandiK on 28th January 2008
  • Jessica, who blogs at Kerflop.com and runs her own business (Very Baby), wrote a great three-part series for us on her experiences with advertising on her blogs. Her first installment is all about Google Ads... Here are the links:

A Look at Blog Advertising: Google

A Look At Blog Advertising: Adbrite, Feedburner, and BlogHer

Blog Advertising: The rest of the bunch
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Lylah M. Alphonse on 28th January 2008
  • Great articles. Thanks Lylah.

Kelly, I have some on my website and blog as well - it has been so, so. There are many groups dedicated to optimizing this type of thing. Since it is not my company's core thing, I have not paid too much attention to it.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by SK on 28th January 2008
  • Thank you both. I'll take at her blogs -- thanks for the links! I'm anxious to see what she says about it.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by DandiK on 28th January 2008
  • Hi Kelly,

Google AdWords, just like any other tool is best for some businesses and not so good for other. It really depends how competitive your offering is, how unique/different, how you choose the search words, how you optimize your website, how you promote your biz via other channels. Google AdWords is a very good way to build traffic to your website
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Lorena on 4th May 2008

Add a Reply