Group Discussions

Books

Subscribe
  • What are you reading now?
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by tina4545 on 12th March 2008
  • "Remembering the Bones," by Frances Itani. Maybe now that I've posted this, I'll make more time to finish reading it!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Lylah M. Alphonse on 12th March 2008
  • I'm currently reading Evil Sisters (non-fiction about the threat of female sexuality in the 20th century culture) and Green as a Garden Hose by Fran Stewart which is a local Atlanta author.. and it's a cozy mystery series.

And I got a few books by Deepak Chopra I've been meaning to get to.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Suzanne on 12th March 2008
  • I just reciently finished reading The Memoirs of Helen of Troy by Amanda Elyot. It was really a great read, so true to history. Now I just started reading Antony and Cleapatra by Colleen McCullough. It too is fascinating! I just wish I had more time to read, by the time I finally get around to it I am so tired that I usually fall asleep after two or three pages!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Zephra on 24th March 2008
  • I just finished reading "No Horizon Is So Far" about Ann Bancroft and Liv Arnesen and their 2001 journey across Antarctica. They were the first women to do it.

You know how sometimes the mood you are in greatly affects how you feel about a book? I've had a terrible cold, I'm wrestling with major decisions about my business, and I'm sick of this snowy, sloppy prolonged winter we're having instead of spring. So in counterpoint to my feelings of being bogged down, I was absolutely transported and inspired by this book.

Amazon has some mediocre reviews of it, but I found it incredibly inspiring, absolutely unimaginable what they went through on their trek, and fascinating to read of all that went into making the expedition happen.

Talk about pursuing dreams...these two women are incredible!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Anne Florenzano on 24th March 2008

Add a Reply