Group Discussions

Promote blogs and websites

Subscribe
  • Any good tips on ways to promote my websit and blog?
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Tiffany on 20th March 2008
  • Great Mom's website that I love . . . www.cafemom.com

I got tired of missing the "first step", "first words", "first Accomplishments", etc. so I made the decision to leave "corporate America " and work at home. I can help you do the same. I'll teach you, and work right beside you. No hype, no false promises...just an honest work at home opportunity. ARE YOU READY? LIFE 'S TOO SHORT TO WASTE.

If you are interested to hear about us. please go to our website www.goldstarwomen.com (copy and paste into your web browser) and request information from there by clicking on “Hitch your Wagon to a Star”.

I only needed a computer with Internet access and a can-do attitude!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Adrian on 24th April 2008
  • Hi, One of the best ways to promote a blog is to get featured, become a contributing author linking to your site!

I am an internet marketing consultant. Why don't you message me and I can see what pointers I can share.

Patricia
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Patricia Kagwiria Makhulo on 26th April 2008
  • Commenting on other blogs, writing guest posts and articles and being active in networks like this one all help promote your blogs and websites. Also, I´d suggest getting your URLs into some directories. It might not seem like a big deal, but it can definitely help you gain some links.

Another good idea is to make sure that you are using your keywords on your website and throughout your blog. That helps get it up there in the search engines, which in turn will help with traffic.

Good luck!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Genesis on 27th April 2008
  • Patricia and Genesis gave some great pointers that I will try to use myself.

I prefer WIM over Cafemom.com anyday. I find WIM to be an honest to goodness support system for moms in business in all aspects of their lives.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by on 28th April 2008
  • Depending on your business, you can promote it also on Facebook with a fan page (free) and there is a way to have your blog show up on your facebook page as a "note" where you can tag people in it. I find that is a fabulous way to promote my events.
    Also, find other blogs or websites (or companies) that are similar genre to you (so for example, if it's a mom blog, find other moms that also blog) and get them to friend you or network with you. I've been doing this now for 4 years with music and other Renaissance type sites, and so far, it's working.
    Good luck!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Giazz on 14th March 2011

Add a Reply