Group Discussions

Website Design for Dummies

Subscribe
  • I'm thinking it is about time I set up my own website: nothing fancy, just simple bio info, and a list of skills and services I can offer. Can anyone point me to a resource where I can do this in a simple fashion? I tried doing something thru Yahoo! a long time ago, and I found it impossible to use their site. Any resources like "Creating a Website for the Technochallenged" out there?
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by jhmclaughlin on 1st April 2008
  • Hi! I have a great place for you to go.....

http://www.DIYEstores.com

I have hosted with them for over two years now....I now build websites to work with their system....but, it is the most easy, manageable and affordable do-it-yourself service out there, believe me, I've tried almost every one of them!

If you do sign up, let me know, maybe I can build you a free design so I can add it to my portfolio!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Roark Design Studio on 3rd April 2008
  • Very interested in this post - I have FrontPage 2003 and have just ordered a couple of books to help me along.

We had a site designed for our current business, but my new business will require much more regular updates so I'd like to be able to do this myself. Our web designer , who doesn it part time, told me tha I can learn to do this - OKAY . . .

My biggest drawback is we are on a dial up network - yes I live in the sticks - which is why I bought the FrontPage program vs an on-line system.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Pammy on 3rd April 2008
  • I am a total technophob? (sp?) but even I could not screw this one up. I have actually made quite a few sites from them...www.hostingdude.com...they sell you a domain for $1.99 and then you can host for $5 a month...for a few dollars more you can use their website tonight program which is an easy point and click thing where you pick a template and then type in what you want...I then graduated to picking out a template on www.monstertemplate.com and paid a guy $100 to put stuff on it for me. The final result was really great and I am proud of it...check it out...www.motherhoodincorporated.com and you will see what I mean...email me if you have trouble with website tonight because I am pretty good at it after using it for a few years...xo!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by sandra beck on 5th April 2008

Add a Reply