Group Discussions

Attention Scrapping Moms!

Subscribe
  • Hi all!

I am in the process of TRYING to finish my first daughter's scrapbook. I am not even half way through her first year of life yet! I love her to death, but it's almost like I'm sick of scrapping her!! I am determined to finish her first year, so I can move onto my son's and get his first year done, then I can get on to my last child's too. Then of course there are other books to do... zoo, aquarium, vacations... I think I'll be busy for a while.

What projects are you working on? I'd love to hear about it!

Karen
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by on 3rd April 2008
  • Can I just say how much I envy you awesome scrapbookers? I've always wanted to get into it, but never find the time. I'm 3 months into trying to put together a photo book using Blurb's software, and still on page 3
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Nataly on 3rd April 2008
  • Me too Nataly. I think it is a wonderful thing to do. I have the blank pages and book but never do anything with it.

I believe I read somewhere on one of the posts that two sisters started a scrapbooking website or was I dreaming that?
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by on 3rd April 2008
  • THANK YOU . . . for sharing there are really mom's who DON'T scrapbook with the greatest of ease. I used to work with a girl who did incredible scrapbooks, many of which she did when she and a group of friends got together and did scrapping parties as a social get together.

Another friend did her 2 kids entire lives (birth to college) over a summer, she is a teacher - has summers off. So I was energized to join this craze - I have both traditional scrapping tools & supplies as well as an inexpensive software program I think it took me 4 hours to do one page!!! ugghhh!

The easiest was when my son did one in kindergarten for his 'be an author' project. He & I together, put together photos of family & friends from around the world, he then typed captions on the computer , we printed them out & pasted them in - We both really enjoy looking through it. What I DID learn though was that add some little scraps of color and shapes, along iwth some 'related clipart' and it really will come together and look like you are a pro!

But my conclusion is that scrapping MUST be a social thing to be productive, and a little wine doesn't hurt either!!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Pammy on 3rd April 2008
  • Hey guys!

Wow, you guys are too funny! I have a hard time finding the time too. I don't actually do it at my home when I find time, because I NEVER find the time. You're right Pammy, I get mine done when someone does a social get-together to get some scrapping done. I am actually a Creative Memories consultant (not actively doing a business- just purchasing for myself right now) and my mentor and I are going to a retreat for a weekend to get some books done.

Actually, I don't know what other companies are doing, but Creative Memories has put together what they call Power Pallettes to make traditional scrapbooking a little easier. They have put colors and paper together that match, along with stickers and embellishments so you don't have to FIND anything. It's all right there. They also have books that are already put together so you just have to put the pictures in. They have different albums too... some where you have to do everything, some where you just insert pictures. It's pretty nice.

The cool thing is that you can get some software and do the pages right on your computer and print them out. I think printing a 12X12 page is only $3.99 and you can do 8X8 too for $2.99?? Don't quote me on that last price. I only do the 12X12 page!

If you want to check stuff out, my site is: www.MomsAreCreative.com. Like I said, I haven't done this as a business, but if you have any questions, I can answer them as best I can. It's a lot of fun!

Karen
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by on 4th April 2008
  • And also by the way, York Photo (www.yorkphoto.com) is having a special on 4X6 prints. Until April 9, you can get them for 8 CENTS!! So I'm RUSHING to get my pictures done!!

Hope this helps,

Karen
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by on 4th April 2008
  • Hi Girls!

I think I may have (almost...) figured out how to keep up with scrapbooking projects. At least, I've been able to figure out how to keep up with my client's projects! I started a business last year doing custom scrapbooking for others, and it's been a great way to learn how to keep everything on track and complete projects. Though, I'm constantly amazed at how I can whip out other people's pages so easily, but agonize over my own for days. If I could only figure out how to keep up with the growing piles of pictures of my boys!

Good luck to you all on your scrapping adventures, and let me know if you need help or ideas!

Bonnie

(www.pickyourpages.com)
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Scrappin'mom on 19th May 2008
  • I did "ok" with scrapping baby #1, but poor baby #2 has nothing together-yet. I simply *cannot* wait until I can find a day to get my children's art work together and send them to www.artimusart.com (the site created by member Dana). It will save me so much time and frustration, and I know it will turn out fabulous.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Earthmama on 19th May 2008
  • I used to work with Creative Memories and teach scrapping classes. I bought tons of stuff before leaving the company, with the idea of creating scrapbooks for my then non-existant children. I have something like 20 albums, plus paper packs and all the tools in Canada in a chest in my dad´s attic . . . but I´m in Guatemala.

My oldest son is 2 and I haven´t done any scrapping for either kid! sigh. Maybe when my sis comes down for Christmas, she can bring some of my stuff.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Genesis on 19th May 2008
  • I love to scrapbook!!! I have started my son's book, but have only gotten to when we left the hospital. (He's 2 now) I never scrapbook on my own. It's always with friends and I love doing it. But now I have my son, it's torture to get Dad to keep him for a day or sometimes even a few hours so that I can get the time away.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by MommaC on 29th August 2008

Add a Reply