Group Discussions

New Company Owner Needs Advice

Subscribe
  • I started my company www.motherhoodincorporated.com in December of last year. I currently have more clients and more people wanting to work for me than I can handle. I left corporate america after 18 years to work from home on my own business and to spend time with my kids. I am now back to working 40 plus hours in a job I love, but that's growing too fast for me. I have been hiring college kids to help me -- and I have a stable of stay at home working moms but the pressure is difficult. Any advice for me?
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by sandra beck on 4th April 2008
  • I don't mean to simplify your question, but so many people would love to have that problem, too many clients! too many workers? I guess your problem is your answer. Higher more of those people to take the load off. Sounds like you might already be able to jumpstart to full delegation. Perhaps hiring a professional organizer might be worthwhile, they not only organize files and systems but can also organize your schedule.

BTW: what is your business?
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Susan on 5th April 2008
  • I meant hire not higher. Guess Im tired!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Susan on 5th April 2008
  • I have been on both sides of the fence...no clients and too many clients...and they both are trouble...not enough you worry like heck...too many you wory that you are burning out...I really like your idea of the professional organizer thanks! I would not have thought of that -- like the forest through the trees...and there is a mountain of papers in my office...thank you!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by sandra beck on 5th April 2008

Add a Reply