Group Discussions

It's not that I don't think I'm productive, but. . .

Subscribe
  • Do any of you do certain aspects of the business on certain days? Do you have a set schedule that you try to get it all done in a day, or a week? I'm wondering how I can make my workweek more productive. Here is my current "schedule":

Monday through Friday

6 a.m. to 7 a.m. - Get up and check email. Try to post to the blog.

1 p.m. to 3 p.m. - Write articles, manage the website, post to message boards, study SEO (with help from Cricket), check email, create new content, etc.

8 p.m. to 10 p.m. - Same as the 1 to 3 slot.

Now, sometimes I squeeze in a little here and there at other times. But the kind of schedule that I'm talking about is more like concentrating on a particular aspect of business each day. I feel sometimes like I try to deal with too much and then my head gets a little fuzzy and I'm not as productive as I would like. What about you? What is your schedule like?
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Jennifer Tankersley on 1st May 2008
  • Jen,

In my mind you are so ahead of my game. I am lucky if I can just check my email. I feel like a part of me has gotten so frustrated trying to deal with my kids and my website that the kids just win. There are days that go by that I don't even visit my own site. I am dealing with the defeat of spending so much money to get this website up and running that now I don't know where to go from here. I read your other entry about finances and that is my biggest issue. If I spend anymore and any part of this website, I will seriously go into too much debt. Yet if I don't spend a ton more on advertising, it won't take off. It is truely being stuck. I get so frustrated. We really do have a lot in common. But you should feel good about at least having some sort of schedule at all. Keep it up!! Laurie
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by mamalolo on 2nd May 2008

Add a Reply