Group Discussions

Do you like your job?

Subscribe
  • I am always curious -- do you like your job, love your job, or just deal with your job?
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Nataly on 2nd May 2008
  • I have to say that I love my job. That is, at least this time it was by my own design.

I think what happens to most of us throughout life we are told, by others, what we are good at, what we should do and even what we should study. This has been going on forever. Our parents want us to fulfill their dreams of being a doctor/lawyer, our teachers have tried to guide us based on what we studied well at.

I believe that there is a lot of job disatisfaction and burnout. Much of this is because we are not doing what we should be doing, we have yet to discover our true calling. Hey, it's never to late find that calling, I did it and I'm 44.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Lorraine on 4th May 2008
  • I really like Lorraine's answer. My answer is very complicated. I used to LOVE my job, but as my responsibilities grow and grow and grow (and the money does not), I begin to feel underappreciated. I try to keep it in perspective - I hated the job I had before this one. But leaving my daughter every day is getting more and more difficult.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Michelle on 13th May 2008
  • I agree with Michelle - my job has evolved into a huge headache without huge compensation. My husband and I have to work opposite shifts so that we don't have 3 kids in child care, so all of that factors in to how much I hate walking out that door every morning. So I deal with it. I'm on the track to finding a way to work from home. There has GOT to be a way, and I'm going to find it.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by MortonPixie on 14th May 2008
  • I totally love my job! After finding it I can honestly say there's nothing else I'd rather be doing! Day care is SO expensive nowadays (along with everything else going up) so I'm just thankful I get to work from home and not have to worry about that. I think that's one of the things that makes my job so enjoyable. lol
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Crystal on 18th May 2008
  • Yes, I can say I now LOVE my job! I worked in healthcare for 18 years and resigned back in May 2008. I too had a job that become larger and larger with the same pay! I now work from home. I love the flexibility of working around my family's schedule. I now have the control of how much my work load is each day....not my boss. www.achievingabetterlife.com
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Cyn123 on 20th January 2009
  • Absolutely, I LOVE my job! I have 2 children ages 5 and 3 and I get to be home with them all the time. I work from home with an amazing company that just keeps growing and growing. My paycheck is reflecting that growth so I am thrilled to death.

It is so important to love what you do. The stress level in your life drops at least 50% instantly. I hope everyone on here can find something they love to do and go for it.

www.Help2BeFree.com
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by RachelH on 20th January 2009
  • I do love my job. I meet awesome people, have a lot of fun, and I only work part time. Sure, I have days when I want to quit and go back to being a stay at home mom, but all in all, I love what I do and see myself staying there for a long time.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Amanda1023 on 21st January 2009
  • Hello! I work for Cultural Care Au Pair. We are currently looking for part time Customer Service & Sales Coordinators. In this role we are looking for individuals interested in promoting cultural exchange and flexible, affordable childcare in many areas through out the Untied States.

Would you enjoy working with families to help them find creative and flexible childcare solutions and are you looking for flexible work hours from home? You must be self-motivated, sales-driven and professional. Sales and marketing experience and being connected in your community is a plus. You enjoy working with families and young adults, and are you looking for flexible work hours from home. All selected candidates will be invited to participate in an extensive training program.

Responsibilities include:
    • Providing support to both families and au
    • Planning monthly get-togethers for the au pairs in your area
    • Sales, marketing and business development
    • Screening qualified host families

The successful candidate must:
    • Enjoy working with people - face to face and online
    • Be computer and internet savvy; engaged in blogging and social media
    • Be able to network in their community to generate new opportunities and spread the word about our program
    • Be able to mediate difficult situations and possess conflict-resolution skills
    • Have excellent communication skills and be interested in promoting cultural exchange
    • Must like to travel - although travel is limited, much of the our incentives are provided in the form of national and international trips

Perfect for stay-at-home parents or part time employees who are well connected in their community. Must be self-motivated, have a passion for cultural exchange, sales-driven and professional. Opportunities for career growth available. Please email for more information or apply by clicking here!

Please visit www.culturalcare.com for more information about our program and the coordinator position. There are great links to provide more clarity on the program as well as Cultural Care including our blog, TheBuzz, and a great video series (on going) called Au Pair Answer Mom.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Jennifer Guarracino on 5th April 2010
  • Wow! I didn't know other people felt the same as I do... I used to love my job too but now the responsibilities have grown and the pay hasn't and there's no appreciation, I just tolerate it now because it pays the bills. I am working on getting a degree in accounting to open up other options, but right now in this economy it is very difficult.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Janice on 16th April 2010

Add a Reply