Group Discussions

How much do you spend on handbags?

Subscribe
  • Do you invest in one or two good bags or have a bunch of cheaper ones?

How much do you spend on a high quality bag? I am asking because I just bought one and feeling ultra guilty
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Nataly on 10th May 2008
  • Almost every bag I own has been purchased at Wilson's Leather. I typically spend $50 - 100 on a bag. More on career bags and brief cases. I prefer my bags to be real leather so I very very VERY rarely grab a cheap one at big box stores.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by KathyHowe on 11th May 2008
  • my guilty pleasure is Coach- i buy 2-3 new Coach bags a year- i generally dont spend over $500 on a bag though. what kind of bag did you buy Nataly??
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by stacyf on 11th May 2008
  • I buy a good bag and use it until it needs to be retired. Now shoes....that is an entirely different story!!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Karen on 11th May 2008
  • OK, I bought this one:

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/p/7380154/c/29868.html

But in dark brown leather, not patent. And it was 1/2 off at Filene's basement.. which I think is a good value. But I'm a total cheapskate when it comes to bags -- I own one other really nice one (in black), and the rest aren't great. I am trying in my increasingly wiser years to invest in fewer quality pieces, but the cheapskate in me has a hard time
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Nataly on 11th May 2008
  • Nataly, I love that bag! I think it was a great buy, especially half off.

I usually have one nice, more expensive bag in rotation plus a few cheaper fun ones. I love Cole Haan bags, and this is the one I have now. I love it, and the quality is great - I think it's going to last for a long time.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by mollie on 11th May 2008
  • Mollie -- that one is gorgeous! I really love their bags -- how they look, the quality. The other expensive bag I have is also from them, my parents bought it when I turned 30 as my first "serious" bag

It's sitting here, still with tags on, looking at me -- I think by the end of the day I'll break down and get the tags off!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Nataly on 11th May 2008
  • ok i admit i used to be in the cheap bag category. i loved that i could run into tjmaxx or marshalls or whatever and get something cute and fun for $15-$30! i could justify having a couple every season!

then it happened. i broke down and bought a nice coach black leather handbag, a cute wallet (best ever, holds everything adn STILL ZIPS CLOSED amazing) and a little hand bag thingy that i use as a makeup bag in my purse. i spent like $200 total and it scared the crap out of me.

until i loved it so much i didnt want another cheapy bag. ever!

then this spring i figured black is a little dark for summer, i could buy ONE BAG for spring summer!! i so bought this Kenneth Cole one (i did not pay this much though, because i am cheap too!) and i LOVE IT!!!!!! love, you have no idea... and have gotten more compliments on it than any bag i have ever owned! Crazy...

definitly take the tags off and use that expensive purse! what are you doing if you have it already? use it!!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Kate on 12th May 2008

Add a Reply