Group Discussions

Seeking Advice

Subscribe
  • Hi moms! I've had my website up and running for 3 months. I'm watching it slowly climb up in the search ranks, but wondered if any of you have advice on how to help get my site up to the first pages of a search? My site is www.pickyourpages.com - have a look and let me know what you think! Any advice would be great.

Thanks!

Scrappin'Mom
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Scrappin'mom on 21st May 2008
  • Hi there --

I am not an SEO expert, but I've learned a lot just from running Work It, Mom!. A few suggestions:

-The first 4-5 words in your title tag matter the most -- right now yours is : PickYourPages - Premade and Custom Scrapbooks -- I would switch those around (start with Premade and custom)

-Every page on your site should have a different title tag -- right now they are all the same -- this is essentially confusing the search engine

-What are the terms for which you want to appear on top in search? Pick 1-3 and then make sure that they appear in your title tag, high up on your actual page, and then 1 or 2x somewhere else on the page.

Here is a great easy resource:

http://www.websitegrader.com/
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Nataly on 21st May 2008
  • Hi Nataly,

Wow, thank you!! Your advice is great, and I checked out the website you attached and got a WHOLE lot of info too! Now I have some work to do on my site!

By the way, I just love this WIM website - I only found it a few days ago and have already met some wonderful women and learned a great deal. This is such a perfect resource!

Thanks so much!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Scrappin'mom on 21st May 2008
  • Glad I could help -- and thanks for the kind words about WIM -- makes my day
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Nataly on 21st May 2008

Add a Reply