Group Discussions

CALL TO ACTION

Subscribe
  • Yesterday I watched an episode of Oprah that I found so disturbing, so upsetting that I can not sit idly one more minute without attempting to help remedy an atrocity that is occurring in our country. Every day thousands of children are being exploited, molested, and raped in our great country and these horrible acts are being photographed/video taped and are published on the internet. Law enforcement has the capability to track and find these people that are exploiting children however there are so many cases and too little funding to make a dent in this growing epidemic. In fact, the statistics are staggering, as little as 2% of hundreds of thousands of violations to our innocence are prosecuted or even investigated.
    What can you and I do? ACT NOW! Call, Write, Email, or Fax your U.S. Senator and tell them to “Vote YES on Senate Bill 1738- The PROTECT Our Children Act”. Do this today because they will be voting on this bill on September 28, 2008.
    Go to www.senate.gov to find contact information for the senator in your state.

The PROTECT out Children Act will:
    • Authorize over $320 million over the next five years in desperately needed funding for law enforcement to investigate child exploitations.
    • Mandated that child rescue be a top priority for law enforcement receiving federal funding.
    • Allocate funds for high-tech computer software that can track down internet predators.

These atrocities are happening to our most precious resources, our children. They are occurring every minute on babies, children, and adolescents. Please help rescue these precious little ones and help prevent future victims.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Angela momsfirststop.com on 19th September 2008

Add a Reply