Group Discussions

Cinnamon Muffin Recipe

Subscribe
  • These muffins are super easy. And most of us would have most of the ingredients on hand. See, I've been making Pumpkin Spice Muffins - but I'm out of pumpkin right now. And then I made Apple Strudel Muffins - but I really didn't feel like peeling, coring and chopping two apples last night.

Which brings us to the Cinnamon Muffin. I don't remember where I found the original Cinnamon Muffin recipe. This one isn't exactly the same - amounts have been changed to suit the way I like them.

Cinnamon Muffins:

Makes 12 muffins

1 1/2 cups flour
    1/2 cup sugar
    2 tsp baking powder
    1/2 tsp salt
    1 tsp ground cinnamon
    1/2 tsp ground ginger
    1 egg, beaten
    1/2 cup milk
    1/3 cup vegetable oil

Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and ginger together in a medium size bowl. I like to use a whisk to get the baking powder good and mixed in because otherwise I get sour spots and I don't l ike sour spots.

Mix the egg, milk and oil in another bowl. I use a fork because it's just how I am.

Then pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and stir to moisten. Again - with a whisk for me, but it'll work with a spoon too.

Spoon into greased (or paper lined) muffin cups. Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Allow to cool up to 5 minutes, then remove from muffin tin to wire rack or wax paper. Then apply topping...

For topping:

3 Tbsp sugar
    1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
    2-3 Tbsp butter, melted

Combine the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl (like a custard cup).

Brush the tops of the warm muffins with butter and dip the top of muffin into sugar/cinnamon mixture.

TaDa! They are done. Now, eat one. Then walk away and let them cool completely. Then eat another one and put them away where you can't get to them easily. Otherwise...you'll eat another one (or more).
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Jenni on 7th November 2008
  • This sounds so good! I'm going to try to make these tomorrow... thank you!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Lylah M. Alphonse on 11th November 2008

Add a Reply