Group Discussions

How much turnover in your daycare?

Subscribe
  • I've been pretty happy with my daycare overall, but the room my daughter is in now has gone through 2 complete changes in staff in the past 3 months. Now, some haven't left the center - just the room but it still has the same effect.

I know turnover is normal, but how much is too much?
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Stacey S on 20th December 2008
  • Is there a reason they are changing teachers to different rooms? I think the fact that teachers are staying at the same daycare is a good sign -- I'd be a bit more worried if they were leaving the school all together.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Nataly on 23rd December 2008
  • I don't think that my sons has ever turned over and he's been there for over a year. They try to keep everyone the same so that the kids don't freak out. THe only time things change is when the child moves up to a more advanced class based on age and motor ability. However, all of the babies from 2 months-2 years are in the same building (but seperate classrooms) so the kids are familiar with all of the teachers and kids and feel comfortable when they move up.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by oceans mom on 23rd December 2008
  • We are so lucky as the only daycare turnover we have is in the kids -- one left for a different pre school and one tested it out and left after a week. But ours is a super small daycare.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Kat on 2nd January 2009

Add a Reply