Group Discussions

Do you think you get enough sleep?

Subscribe
  • I am always complaining about not getting enough sleep. Of course it's my own fault - I don't get enough sleep:) But stuff always gets in the way of getting to bed early -- cooking for the week, finishing work, reading a bit -- and I am up at 6am most mornings.

Do you get enough sleep? Do you prioritize it or is it something you let slide?
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Nataly on 8th April 2009
  • Although sleep has become one of my favorite things, it is not high on my priority list. I actually fainted last week at work....due to lack of sleep, and other things that I haven't made a top priority. Although I know sleep is important, I would rather spend as much time with my family as I can, and then I also have school, and I have to find time to eat in there somewhere. lol.....definitley do not have time for sleep. When I do finally get to go to bed, I spend at least 2 hours thinking about my stresses, one of them being how early I have to get up. Not sure how to get around this.....when I got pregnant my mom started taking my son for a night here and there to let me sleep in, but then I just lay awake bored and end up getting up at the same time anyway. lol oh the joys of mother hood.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by D'SMommy1329 on 8th April 2009
  • I don't get as enough sleep as I would like to get. I get home from work around 11 pm, in bed at 11:30, and up at around 6 am to take my son to school. I have to be at work at 2 pm, and usually between the time I take my son to school and the time I have to be at work, I am either running errands or doing homework, or both. The only time I really get to sleep in is on the weekends, and even then sometimes not because my son has different activities that he participates in. His dad helps as much as he can, but I still feel stretched to my limits sometimes.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by on 14th April 2009
  • i never get enough sleep - but it is also my own fault! i am actually trying to set up a 'real' office this weekend where i can actually get work done - and not be in front of the TV which is terribly distracating!

Plus my treadmill is there - so maybe it will insite me to work out hahahahahahaaa
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Kate on 17th April 2009
  • I think I don't get enough sleep most of the time. But that's my own fault, because I don't always get to bed on time. I'm a big one for reading in bed, and sometimes I get engrossed in a book.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by LauraEarnest.com on 18th April 2009
  • My hubby keeps me up. We like to go to bed at the same time, we feel more connected that way. One more thing, one more chore, let's watch an episode of __________, and suddenly we're up about an hour or more later than I'd like to be. Actually, if I had my way, I would be up late and getting up in the morning even later. I hate mornings. 11 - 8 would be good.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Meg D. on 4th May 2009
  • I go to sleep within an hour of the boys going to sleep, and am hopefully (mercifully) left to sleep until I wake up on my own, which is usually 3 or 4 times a night. My kids are both sleep walkers, and sleep talkers, which they get from their father, so I don't stand much of a chance in any event. My normal times (with broken sleep in between) would be from 9pm to 5am. 8 hours, but no good for these dark rings.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by on 30th September 2009
  • I realized the other day that I stay awake way too late b/c those moments right before bed, when everything is quiet, completed or procrastinated are so precious, I want to drag them out as long as possible! Which inevitable comes back to bite me at 6 a.m. when the kiddo wakes up and it all starts again. No, I never get enough sleep. I'm a person who really, REALLY enjoys, no NEEDS sleep...so this is very hard to manage.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by laurens_myth on Wednesday
  • Same here Lauren. I love the peace and quiet at night so I'll get lots of things done at that time but then I'm dreading waking up. I really need to get more sleep too. *Sigh*
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by yummofood on Thursday

Add a Reply