Group Discussions

For Your Feminine Side

Subscribe
  • Saw This on one of my websites and thought you gals might like to see it too (Have fun!):

Salt of the Earth Body Scrub

posted by Annie B. Bond Apr 19, 2007 6:55 pm
    filed under: True Beauty, Bath & Shower, Skin Care, body scrub, exfoliant, sea salt

Add to Favorites Tell a Friend Share Print Facebook Digg Reddit Care2 StumbleUpon more
    Select a service:
    StumbleUponRedditDiggBuzz UpFacebookTwitterMySpaceMixxDel.icio.usGoogle BookmarksFavoritesCare2
    sender info:
    your name: your email:
    recipient info:
    recipient's address(es): Separate multiple e-mail addresses by a comma. You can send up to 100 recipients.
    personal message
    Salt+of+the+Earth+Body+Scrub
    Hello,
    I saw this article on Care2 and thought you'd like it as well.

Care2 is the largest and most trusted information and action site for people who care to make a difference in their lives and the world.
    Care2.com send We hate spam. We do not sell or share the email addresses you provide.
    9 comments
    Adapted from Organic Body Care Recipes, by Stephanie Tourles (Storey Publishing, 2007).

How wonderful to connect with the Earth all over your skin with this sea salt scrub that is also an itch scratcher par none. Using just the pure gifts of nature, this ultra-invigorating blend is perfect to use in the morning as a wake-me-up as it enlivens all the senses!

Recommended for all skin types except for those with acne (use with care on sensitive and environmentally damaged skin).

INGREDIENTS
    2 cups sea salt (preferably finely ground, but regular granular will do)
    ¾ cup extra-virgin olive base oil or base oil of choice
    40-60 drops peppermint, spearmint, grapefruit, geranium, or rosemary (chemotype verbenon) essential oil

In a medium-sized bowl, combine the sea salt and the base oil. Using a whisk, stir to blend. Add the essential oil drop by drop, blending after each addition.

Spoon into a storage container with a tight-fitting lid.

No refrigeration is required, but for maximum freshness and fragrance, please use within six months.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Lindsey on 29th May 2009

Add a Reply