Group Discussions

Your favorite age so far (for you, not the kids)?

Subscribe
  • For me, I prefer my 30s to my 20s. They are much more stressful and hectic, but I feel like I am on better footing, able to be less anxious about the non-important stuff.

You?
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Nataly on 6th June 2009
  • I agree with you mid-20's and 30's were some of the best years. Family, fun was a good time.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by eileen b on 7th June 2009
  • I dont know really, i like all my ages for various reason! my 20s were very exciting and fun and i was in complete control of my future - all decisions were MINE! But in my late 20s/early 30s i have my awesome husband and son and i know myself a little better. I have had a hard time adjusting to the slower pace that my husband sets for himself, but it's good for both of us - i move him forward and he helps me slow down and enjoy life a little more. I think i just expect things to get better and better as we get older!

I do enjoy that i don't feel the pressure to measure up to 20 year old bodies anymore!! ;)
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Kate on 8th June 2009
  • I also do not know as I have enjoyed different phases so far differently! I loved the friendships during my school years, the early 20s being married without kids, late 20s with kids and now in my early 30s I am getting more comfortable and confident about managing a life finally! I am looking forward to kids growing up and then having a more relaxed 40s..
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Lakshmi on 10th June 2009
  • I'm with Kate. I loved my 20's and early 30's, but I've just entered the mid-30's and now I have everything I could have dreamed of in terms of relationships and family. It was great to get my ya-ya's out from 15 - 31/32, but this is even better.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Phe on 10th June 2009
  • I'm in my late 40s now, and loving it. But the peak year for me so far was 34. That was the year I left my abusive husbandof 13 years, took my kids and started a new life for us. I felt empowered, sexy, free, and, finally!, safe and at peace.

However, since then I've remarried and made more changes, learned more lessons, gained depth and become more grounded. I'm thinking that in another ten or 15 years, 48 will prove to be a peak year!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by MaryP on 24th June 2009

Add a Reply