Group Discussions

Need advice from other moms/business owners--photo contest for business launch

Subscribe
  • I am in the process of launching my new child/mom product online and I am considering running a photo contest through my own web site and facebook using wildfire apps (great little app company I have used for marketing my other clients). I plan to give away a free product of mine (which is a handmade custom photographic kids dressing valet), see medokids.com for an understanding of what I make/sell) but would like to also include something like a $100 gift certificate to something else...

I'm thinking a spa gift certificate that is local to the winner?? or a gift certificate to a local photography place since that relates to my own product??

I'd rather stay away from a mass consumption retail outlet (like Walmart) because I hand make my product and therefore think I should support something similar in the contest.

My product is all about two things: (1) making a mom's morning a little easier along with (2) a total personalized look of the item.

Any suggestions/advice. What would you want to win?
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Me-Do Kids Mom on 12th November 2010
  • I think the spa gift certificate is a great idea. I know if you buy them through the SPa Finder website then you can use it at any of the spas who are affiliated with them. Good luck!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Telecommuting Mom on 10th December 2010

Add a Reply