Group Discussions

Do you use social media for work?

Subscribe
  • I know some people who think that facebook and its kind are just a way to while away your time, but I'm finding social media to be a great networking tool. Has that been your experience, or is the temptation to "play" too great?
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by jengray on 14th March 2011
  • The temptation to "play"? I like games ... way too much apparently.
    However, I have found facebook in particular to be a decent networking tool, and has also helped me in other ways with my job. I am hyper careful though about what I post on my profile as it is public.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by MomMachine on 23rd March 2011
  • Everyday I use a number of social media tools for work. I spend a lot of time on FB and Twitter and I think they are great for networking and promoting your business. There are a number of people, my husband is one, that think social media is just waisting time. They just don't understand what it is all about.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Angie on 7th April 2011
  • Social media is definitely important for networking.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Candice Kwark on 12th April 2011
  • Social networking a great networking tool. I am grateful for a new way to operate my business. I am not by nature a sales person nor am I a big fan of corporations, but I have found the perfect job as an IR for FHTM. FHTM is a direct sales company that allows IR's to sell products & services for big companies. I have become the middle man, I earn money when I make purchases & when other people do. I never could have taken on a business like this with out inbound marketing & social networking. It also makes my job fun, meeting new people, helping people with info, making friends, & expanding my business.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by 1Northwestmom on 18th July 2011

Add a Reply