Group Discussions

This is just what I needed! Need to hear from other working moms!

Subscribe
  • I need some words of encouragement and some thoughts from other women who I think may be experiencing some of the same things I am.
    A little background: I started on the fast track at work 8 years ago, but when I had my first child 4 years ago, I decreased my hours to 32 and things slowed down. I went from having a staff, to having everyone promoted beyond me. I still do great work, that is not the issue. I am not afraid of losing my job. I am just feeling frustrated and a pull from both directions. On the one hand, I feel incredibly lucky that I am doing work I love and have a good balance of work and life. On the other hand, I am frustrated that I have been overlooked for positions. The person who was just promoted to be my supervisor, used to be one of my staff, in fact, I hired her! I originally applied for the position, but w/drew my application when I found out that the pay would not increase for me per hour (I would have had to go to 50+ hours/week). It would not have made sense for me to continue to go for a promotion that I knew I couldn't accept because I wouldn't have been able to afford daycare full-time. But now I am even more frustrated! Am I being unreasonable? Sorry for the ramble, but I thought that perhaps some moms here would understand how I am feeling and be able to provide some words of wisdom. Thanks so much!!!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Ma2bande on 10th October 2011
  • I don't think you're being unreasonable at all! Hello. My name is Erica. I am a full time stay at home mom of 3 and wife! I also work full time from home; give you the info on that later on. When my husband got out of the Marine Corps and we moved here to Texas, I called just to see how much day care would be just in case I ever thought about it, and they were quoting prices of like $1,500 for 2 kids potty trained! That's more than our mortgage payment, crazy! As long as you are happy doing what you love that's all that matters, right? I don't think it's fair for you to be overlooked for positions but at the same time, they should increase your pay when promoting you instead of you having to almost double your hours to get that pay, I mean what's the point of the promotion then? If you ever consider working from home, you can go to www.workathomeunited.com/eplove3.
    I work for an international total wellness company that manufactures all of the wonderful products that we're already buying elsewhere, but they are better, safer, and healthier. I just set up customer accounts and get paid to do so. There is no selling or stocking products, no inventory or customer service, no cold-calling...NO risk! There is unlimited support, Free website and Free Training!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by erica on 5th November 2011

Add a Reply