You may also like
- The cost of intense parenting for working parents
- Dads are as stressed as moms about juggling work and family
- Americans think moms today are doing a worse job raising kids
- Working fathers want to spend more time with their kids
- Study: Fathers who do more housework and work similar hours to their spouse are happier
According to a new study, mothers and fathers are spending significantly more time with their kids than previous generations:
The study, by two economists at the University of California, San Diego, analyzes a dozen surveys of how Americans say they use their time, taken at different periods from 1965 to 2007. It reports that the amount of child care time spent by parents at all income levels — and especially those with a college education — has risen “dramatically” since the mid-1990s.