- I work as a consultant/freelancer
- Writing & Editing
- How many hours I work:
- 0 to 20 hours a week
- How much I like my job:
- I love it
- How stressful I find my job:
- Not very stressful
- Best thing about my job:
- Work from home, be creative, express myself. Love the flexible schedule. It's nice to be at home for my daughter, but I decided to work from home for me. Love that I can listen to NPR/music as I work, snack when I want, nap if I need it, hear the birds singing out in the yard, spend time with my pets.
- Worst thing about my job:
- Trying to juggle this with caring for a 1-year-old. It's so darn hard to focus! This is my main source of stress.
- My dream job:
- Oh, please. I never have time to think that far ahead...
From Tallahassee, Florida, United States
Joined 31st October 2007
My Day Snapshot
Diane hasn't written a snapshot yet.
My Life To-Do List
Currently on my Life Wish List:
Learn to play violin
Get nice furniture
Buy a trampoline!
Live in the country
Create a wonderful garden
Lots of beach vacations
Goals I am working on:
Start daily walking and stretching again
Plan some travel/getaway time into our lives
Get out in the garden every day, even if I only get a tiny bit of yard work done it will all add up. Right...?
Projects I am working on:
Never-ending list of house repairs
Animal rescue volunteer work. I usually foster just one dog at a time now that I have a toddler. I also maintain the rescue group's master list of foster animals. It's my job to try and keep track of all our critters. It gets very confusing!
Backyard birding. I've become interested in learning about birds and learning to identify the bird species in my backyard. I've id'd about 25 species so far. My husband calls me The Bird Nerd. Right now I am focusing on building a nesting box for Carolina Wrens. See? Nerdy, huh?
Never seem to make progress on this goal--time! time! Never enough!