- My tags:
- toddler, freelance writer, baby, books, mom, internet, blogger, wahm, daughter, reading, budget, web, dogs, diy, gardening, animal rescue, wim, cloth diaper, online shopping, web surf, freelance editor, pets, liberal, target, npr, public radio, queso, margaritas, south, southeast, work it mom moderator, birds, birdwatching, tallahassee, florida, new zealand, kiwi
- About me:
- I'm a work-from-home blogger and a moderator here at Work it, Mom! I'm mom to my 18-month-old daughter.
- My interests:
- I'm a foster "mom" for an animal rescue group (www.bigdogrescue.com), so I have an ever-changing crew of pets hanging out at my house. I also love hikes, reading, food, wild birds, surfing the Web and gardening. And I like to obsessively read about gardening and blog about it...and just generally avoid the really hard physical tasks as long as possible. :)
- My website/blog:
- How I de-stress:
- Walking in the woods, reading, queso & tortilla chips (okay, I'm not bragging), scalding hot tea, jaunts to Target, home & garden mags, online window shopping, chocolate, glass of wine, alone time, hot bath
- Best advice I've gotten:
- Um...not sure
- Adjective to describe me:
- My favorite book:
- Lord of the Rings
- My favorite movie:
- A Passage to India
From Tallahassee, Florida, United States
Joined 31st October 2007
My Day Snapshot
Diane hasn't written a snapshot yet.
My Life To-Do List
Currently on my Life Wish List:
Learn to play violin
Get nice furniture
Buy a trampoline!
Live in the country
Create a wonderful garden
Lots of beach vacations
Goals I am working on:
Start daily walking and stretching again
Plan some travel/getaway time into our lives
Get out in the garden every day, even if I only get a tiny bit of yard work done it will all add up. Right...?
Projects I am working on:
Never-ending list of house repairs
Animal rescue volunteer work. I usually foster just one dog at a time now that I have a toddler. I also maintain the rescue group's master list of foster animals. It's my job to try and keep track of all our critters. It gets very confusing!
Backyard birding. I've become interested in learning about birds and learning to identify the bird species in my backyard. I've id'd about 25 species so far. My husband calls me The Bird Nerd. Right now I am focusing on building a nesting box for Carolina Wrens. See? Nerdy, huh?
Never seem to make progress on this goal--time! time! Never enough!