- Number of children:
- Age of children:
- Due October 3rd
- Relationship status:
- Parenting advice I follow:
- Keep self-care a #1 priority. This concept is backwards compared to what is traditionally taught (or assumed) in my culture. Typically people say, "you no longer matter" and "the child comes first". I agree with this when it comes to basic necessities. However, I also believe that if the parent and family unit (i.e. marriage, relationship, etc.) are not in tact and being tended to, you risk not being optimally available for your children. So, perhaps the advise I'd like to follow is BALANCE. I don't want to completely "loose myself", but stay true to who I am, my personal goals, relationships and motherhood. I'm sure it's easier said than done though. We'll see if that philosophy changes.
- Parenting advice I ignore:
- Right now, I'm only shielding off pregnancy advice..."pinch your nose or it will grow"..."watch out for bananas"..."you should change your prenatal vitamin"..."you should being wearing materinty underwear"..."breastfeed"..."don't breastfeed"...etc. etc. etc.
- Favorite activity with my kids:
- Watching my stomach move around while he's kicking around all day...hahaha.
From Stafford, Virginia, United States
Joined 21st June 2008
My Day Snapshot
Mrs.Dr.Mom (whew!) hasn't written a snapshot yet.
My Life To-Do List
Currently on my Life Wish List:
Complete my doctorate degree!
Enjoy my marriage!
Be a great mom!