- Number of children:
- Age of children:
- 17, 15, 12, 10
- Relationship status:
- Parenting advice I follow:
- Two weeks after giving birth to our first child, my husband and I were hosting Thanksgiving dinner — it was just easier, because I couldn't walk any further than the front door without sitting down or falling asleep — and, right around dessert, I remember feeling suddenly overwhelmed by the enormity of it all. I just sat beside my daughter's crib and stared at her. My mother walked in and I questioned her being able to handle raising twins. She said, "I brought you guys home from the hospital, placed you side-by-side on my bed, and cried for about two hours. And then, I just did it." Since then, I've been just doing it, too.
- Parenting advice I ignore:
- Anything that requires a really good sense of balance. I am, however, pretty gosh-darned good at juggling stuff.
- Favorite activity with my kids:
- Hiking and beach-combing (weather permitting) cooking and playing board games (see last parenthesis!)
From New Jersey, United States
Joined 28th June 2011
My Day Snapshot
Liz Thompson hasn't written a snapshot yet.
My Life To-Do List
Currently on my Life Wish List:
Take my kids on a Disney family vacation, since, you know, everyone and their brother has been to Disney, except my kids (I know, I stink!)
Goals I am working on:
Refining my portfolio.