- Number of children:
- Age of children:
- 26, 24, 14
- Relationship status:
- Parenting advice I follow:
- Let the little things slide. Or in other words, pick your battles. You have to allow your kids some room to make mistakes in order to learn from them, but there are just some things that are non-negotiable in our house.
- Parenting advice I ignore:
- I have heard some moms say never to negotiate with your child. To set the rules and that's that. I just don't parent that way. My children and I have always have loving two-way relationships. I listen to them, their suggestions, their reasons and they listen to mine. Negotiation is at the heart of single-parenting peace.
- Favorite activity with my kids:
- Video games and Movies! With three boys - you kind of grow up with them while they play video games and if you want to be involved, get into what they like! I'm terrible at video games, although I have my own game addition (FFXI), but they love playing with me anyway. It's our most fun times together, laughing and having fun!
From Redmond, Oregon, United States
Joined 8th February 2008
My Day Snapshot
Debra M. hasn't written a snapshot yet.
My Life To-Do List
Currently on my Life Wish List:
To finish my MS in Education (thesis)
To be recognized as an artist
See my youngest graduate from high school
Be able to work on my beadwork and art full-time and be self-supporting.
To move to a small house of my own so I can have a back yard, flowers, etc.
Goals I am working on:
Read the New Testament
Digital Painting with pen/tablet
Learn to be good at customer service
Being a good mom
Projects I am working on:
Barrette orders for clients
Digital painting of my beloved Katie
Scrapbooking for my boys