- Number of children:
- Age of children:
- Relationship status:
- Would rather not say
- Parenting advice I follow:
- Hot room yoga solves all problems; it's just a season....it will pass! Hide the snacks in the a.m.! Don't hyperfocus on what will "damage" your child. Speaking from experience!!! Moderation is the key...PBS is good, but getting the "snot kicked out" of your child because he didn't watch the latest Powerranger might hold some truth to overprotection:) We need to not manufacture our children in the likeness of rubber molds....let them be an active participant in shaping who they will become. Guide them well...not guard them well! (I've been in recovery for about a year now...)
- Parenting advice I ignore:
- Trying not to say the word, "NO" and using every other description and negotiation tool. Great book to read: Negotiation Generation: Take Back Your Parental Authority Without Punishment by Lynne Reeves Griffin.
- Favorite activity with my kids:
- Horseback, building sandcastles, swimming, kiteflying, cycling, reading, cooking, skiing snowshoeing, feeding the birds at the Wildlife Sanctuary, drawing and coloring, going to the farmer's market and then to the North End for a great italian meal...and gelato, watching movies and snuggling.
From Ipswich, Massachusetts, United States
Joined 23rd April 2008
My Day Snapshot
libby hasn't written a snapshot yet.
My Life To-Do List
libby hasn't written a life to-do list yet.