- My tags:
- mom, wife, empty-nesting, new career prospects
- About me:
- I have a bachelor's degree in the field of Speech and Language Pathology. I am not working as a Speech/Language Pathologist at present; due to the fact that I have not obtained the required Master's degree. I was a foster parent for 8 years. I cared for 12 of the children who were wards of the state. Some of the children stayed with us for respite care only; which was very short-term. The 2 daughers I cared for longest are the two I have listed ages for above; as I have no biological children of my own. One of the girls actually remained in our lives through the years, and became an integral part of my life; and our family. She is our beloved daughter in every sense of the word.
- My interests:
- I love outdoor festivals during the summer months. During winter, I love to create new ideas for our home decor', and walking/playing in snow. I also enjoy crafts during the winter months. I always enjoy movies, cooking, writing, reading, & shopping.
- My website/blog:
- How I de-stress:
- A warm bath; spending time at the wellness center; going to a movie alone, and sitting in the very top row, in the back of the theater, with my popcorn and drink all to myself.
- Best advice I've gotten:
- Don't sweat the small stuff!
- Adjective to describe me:
- My favorite movie:
- Shawshank Redemption
From Max Meadows, Virginia, United States
Joined 21st June 2007
My Day Snapshot
Tracy hasn't written a snapshot yet.
My Life To-Do List
Currently on my Life Wish List:
I wish to travel; oh how I want to travel more.
Goals I am working on:
I have been hired as a peer support specialist within the mental health system in my community. I will be leaving home on December 9th for two weeks to train for my new job. I'm looking forward to the break as well as the training.
Projects I am working on:
I am very slowly working on getting pictures organized for scrapbooking. I say slowly because I have to be in the mood for the craft.
I am also working on getting the weight off. Yay! I want to lose weight and feel better. A new eating plan is in effect...