- About me:
- In terms of my work/life balance style, I wake up everyday around 5:30AM to feed the dogs and do some light house keeping (i.e., laundry). I leave the house for work around 7:45 AM and drop one of my two kids off at day care. I get to work around 8:45 AM, and do not get home until about 6:30PM. I usually have to run at least 1 errand afterwork, but manage to get dinner on the table around 7:30 PM. The kids are typically in bed by 8:30 AM. Suffice it to say, my days are long. My husband works from home and helps a bit, but not as much as I would like.
- My interests:
- Cooking, reading and listening to music.
- How I de-stress:
- Read, listen to music (Like I am doing now), go out with friends, or partake in pampering (i.e., manicure, pedicure and a facial).
- Best advice I've gotten:
- My career counselor once told me to, "contract out as much as you can". In other words, instead of spending your free time cleaning the house, get a housekeeper. Your free time is worth the cost.
- Adjective to describe me:
- My favorite book:
- Anything written by J. California Cooper
- My favorite movie:
From Silver Spring, Maryland, United States
Joined 17th January 2008
My Day Snapshot
Tee_N_DC hasn't written a snapshot yet.
My Life To-Do List
Currently on my Life Wish List:
1. Write a sci-fi/para-normal, historically-based novel with lots of romance and hot sex
2. Obtain certification as a yoga instructor
3. Work less or not at all
Goals I am working on:
1. Obtain PMP Ceritication by February 2009
2. Lose 40 pounds to get to my ideal Body Mass Index (BMI)
3. Eat less meat
Projects I am working on:
1. Implementing EVM for my IT project; including educating myself, my team and my client on the process.
2. Fundraising for my companies initiatives in Africa.
3. Supporting diversity recruiting and retention for my local office.