These quick and easy crafts are perfect for Father's Day, or any time you need a heartfelt, homemade gift for Dad.
- Does Dad have a green thumb? Make personalized cement stepping stones for him to use outside or in the garden -- you can find ready-to-use kits in most craft stores. (No time to shop for supplies? If you have rocks outside and paint in the garage, your kids can make a colorful paperweight for Dad's desk.)
- Dad probably already has plenty of ties; what he really needs is a way to keep them organized and easy to find. Modify a simple key holder by adding more hooks and transform it into a nifty tie rack to keep his necktie collection in sight (and off of the closet floor).
- Update those old photos on his desk at work by slipping some new ones into this great DAD picture frame. Martha Stewart even has a template for you to print out and use for this fast and easy-to-make craft.
- Decorate a T-shirt. Paint the bottom of your children's feet with fabric paint, and then have them walk across the front and back of a plain, white T-Shirt. Write "My Kids Walk All Over Me" on the shirt and you have a gift that's crafty, one of a kind, and probably true.
- Make sure his car smells great with homemade felt car fresheners. Scent them with a few drops of his favorite essential oil (no, there isn't a "new car smell" essential oil, but clove or cinnamon or even vanilla would make a fine substitute).
Find out more: